BIG Sale on Harrisville Highland Yarn!
I am selling out of the rest of my Harrisville Highland (worsted weight) yarn. All the cones are listed. Some colors have 2 cones. Just go to the Tapestry/Weaving Category and select your colors!
HURRY while they last!!
You NEED to wash your wool before weaving a tapestry, as you will not be washing it after the tapestry is created. Also, Harrisville uses an oil in the spinning process for all their cone yarns.
- I use Seventh Generation Dish Soap — it is mild, pH neutral and biodegradable.
- Put like colors together and fill your kitchen sink with moderately hot tap water.
- Add the Soap — you can also use any wool wash that you prefer!
- Swoosh around and let set about 10 minutes.
- Empty the water from the sink, squeeze the water out of the yarn and set aside.
- Fill the sink again with the same temperature water and place the skeins in again to soak for around 10 minutes.
- You can put them in net bags and spin them out in your washer, or roll them up in towels and stomp on the towels to get the water out.
- Hang to dry.
- Now your tapestry yarn is scoured and fluffy — you’ll really enjoy weaving with it now!