Highland is one of Harrisville’s flagship yarns, available in 64 tweedy, heathered, woolen spun colors. This yarn is perfect for a cozy New England sweater, or a favorite pair of mitts. The yarn was engineered to wear better and better with every wash. Don’t let the crunch fool you. After 10 years of constant wear, you’ll know why we spun it this way.
Worsted Weight100% Virgin Wool.
Approx. 200 yards per 100 gram skein (3.5 oz.)
Needle Size: 5-7 US; 4.5 st. per inch (18 sts = 4 inches)
If you would like to see the colors as "colorized" digital color cards, you can access the following:
Just go to the Tapestry/Weaving Category and select your colors! There are individual, detailed badges, or just use the table, Check the box, enter the amount and add all to cart at once!
Tapestry put up.
I wind this wonderful 2 ply yarn into 50 yard skeins. They are then tied off in 2 places to facilitate easy washing.
Out of Stock Colors
I keep a close watch on the Harrisville Mill production and my current stock. I like to keep at least 1 full cone in stock. Below is the list of current back ordered items.
- I use Seventh Generation Dish Soap — it is mild, pH neutral and biodegradable.
- Put like colors together and fill your kitchen sink with moderately hot tap water.
- Add the Soap — you can also use any wool wash that you prefer!
- Swoosh around and let set about 10 minutes.
- Empty the water from the sink, squeeze the water out of the yarn and set aside.
- Fill the sink again with the same temperature water and place the skeins in again to soak for around 10 minutes.
- You can put them in net bags and spin them out in your washer, or roll them up in towels and stomp on the towels to get the water out.
- Hang to dry.
- Now your tapestry yarn is scoured and fluffy — you’ll really enjoy weaving with it now!